Gords Voice

New to the Community?
*Note* You must Register to get access to the rest of the community.

Moderator: Moderators

Opiated_12
New Maybe
New Maybe

Gords Voice

Post by Opiated_12 »

I'm sure I am not the only one to have noticed this in the past little while, and it may be a bit of a touchy subject, but at risk of being attacked I will ask: Does anyone know what's up with Gord Downie's voice latley?
I have been a long time hip fan, and have only just recently noticed that his voice is a little... off. Shal we say. You can notice it just slightly in IBE but that is likely just the classic "on the edge" Gord singing, but ever since I saw them in Calgary, and then at Grey Cup and then at Live 8; I have noticed his voice is a little more... eccentric(is the optimistic word) sometimes even... out of key(dare I say) Something that obviously has not been part of Gord's spectacular portfolio.

Anyone else notice anything funny?
Can anyone provide some insight?
chris
The Last Recluse

Re: Gords Voice

Post by chris »

Opiated_12 wrote:I'm sure I am not the only one to have noticed this in the past little while, and it may be a bit of a touchy subject, but at risk of being attacked I will ask: Does anyone know what's up with Gord Downie's voice latley?
I have been a long time hip fan, and have only just recently noticed that his voice is a little... off. Shal we say. You can notice it just slightly in IBE but that is likely just the classic "on the edge" Gord singing, but ever since I saw them in Calgary, and then at Grey Cup and then at Live 8; I have noticed his voice is a little more... eccentric(is the optimistic word) sometimes even... out of key(dare I say) Something that obviously has not been part of Gord's spectacular portfolio.

Anyone else notice anything funny?
Can anyone provide some insight?
Hmmm.... welcome to the site. Imagine you're at a party and no one knows you; and you don't know anyone.

If I were in that position, I would probably wander around for a while, introduce myself to a few people, look around some more so that I'd know where to find things that interested me, I'd make sure that I understood some rooms are for certain activites and that by following the host's rules everyone can make some great friends, learn something new, and have a great time!

With that said...
Click here for the "Introduce Yourself" thread

• Here are the search results for "Gord's voice" where you're opinion is shared with some, disputed by others. (The search button is located at the top of every forum page.)

• The discussion of Gord's voice does not beling in the "FAQ / Getting Started / Forum News" section; which is where you put it. Putting it this thread is not going to generate the sort of discussion that you were probably hoping for, as most of the other fans here wouldn't look in this thread to discuss Gord's Voice. Try "Tragically Hip Discussion".

• Finally, it's always good to read the instructions before trying anything new. Here's the Hipbase User's Guide

As many Hipbaser's can attest, please discard any sarcasm or arrogance that you think is in my post; that's not the case. Some have suggested, myself included, that all new user's be required to watch this video before posting in any online discussion forum.

I'm not here to slag you, and I really hope that this doesn't deter you from hanging around. There are lots of great people here, who know all kinds of amazing information about this band.

I'm thrilled to see new members join Hipbase as it helps our community get better.

Welcome aboard! :thumb:

(Check out my site: hipfans.com and the Hip Bit Torrent Tracker at http://tracker.hipfans.com where you can download the Grey Cup, Live 8 and Calgary 2004 concerts for free!)
Opiated_12
New Maybe
New Maybe

Post by Opiated_12 »

well fine then... :oops: Sorry about that
opiated
Lighthouse Keeper
Lighthouse Keeper

Post by opiated »

and how bout getting another name??? :P