hey to hipbase

New to the Community?
*Note* You must Register to get access to the rest of the community.

Moderator: Moderators

blesser
Groupie In Training
Groupie In Training

hey to hipbase

Post by blesser »

hey everybody,

chris mentioned that i should put a post here to introduce myself as a way of getting started with the board..

i'm not really sure what to say for an introduction but heres a start i guess.. my name is brian, im turning 19 in 2 weeks, and im going into my 3rd year at dalhousie university.. i live in halifax, and i sail in my spare time (by the way... phantom power is the perfect soundtrack to a day on the water).. my brother gave me "up to here" on my 8th birthday and ive been hooked ever since - just like most of you i guess.. ive only been to 1 show - the one here in halifax last december... i'm headed to moncton next weekend though, and will try and pick up a couple stops on their next tour for sure

thats about it for now... i'm not sure how active i'll be posting on here cuz it seems a bit intimidating to get into haha... but i'll be reading thats for sure cuz there are some cool opinions floating around about alot of stuff

--brian 8)
chris
The Last Recluse

Post by chris »

Welcome aboard Brian. The Halifax show from last December was taped and converted to a DVD that was shared on my Bit Torrent tracker site: http://tracker.hipfans.com

Use the search feature at the top of the Hipbase pages, and you'll find a few threads about that show. If you're interested, I'm sure that someone will B&P the DVD for you.

Have fun!
Stephen Dame
Lighthouse Keeper
Lighthouse Keeper

Re: hey to hipbase

Post by Stephen Dame »

blesser wrote:i'm headed to moncton next weekend though, 8)
Welcome aboard. From what I remember, Peggy's Cove kicks some serious ass, no? I'd like to get back there again some day... saw the General Lee on display there in 1983. :)

Are you going to stick around for The Rolling Stones in Moncton? I know some folks who are ditching as soon as the opener is done here in Ottawa... seems kinda like sacrilege, especially given the ticket prices.
blesser
Groupie In Training
Groupie In Training

Post by blesser »

Stephen Dame wrote: Are you going to stick around for The Rolling Stones in Moncton? I know some folks who are ditching as soon as the opener is done here in Ottawa... seems kinda like sacrilege, especially given the ticket prices.
of course i'm gonna stick around for the Stones... i'm going mainly for the Hip, but the stones are still legends... and i'm assuming with all their practice they'll be able to put on a good show... the main thing will be seeing the Hip in such a huge setting - going to be a pretty rocking setlist..

and yep, peggy's cove is pretty cool... i live like 15 mins away... kind of gets annoying seeing so many tour buses rolling past during the summer, but i guess its cool to have people visiting and all that

chris: i was talking to highlander a few months ago about getting a b&p of the halifax DVD, but i slacked and didn't send him a disc... i'll probably try and get that on the go soon - is the quality worth it?

--brian
scottitude
Hipbase Groupie
Hipbase Groupie

Post by scottitude »

blesser wrote:...my brother gave me "up to here" on my 8th birthday and ive been hooked ever since...
--brian 8)
That's one of the coolest things I've ever read. Your brother made an excellent choice: UTH is a perfect "starter" CD.

Welcome to the 'base, blesser. If you're intimidated by the insane depth of Lance's database and the sheer magnitude of factual and anecdotal information, well, so am I. If you're intimidated by other members, just keep in mind that every community or family can't always agree on everything, but we all come here for the same reason.

So don't not post; I'd love to hear about the Moncton show from a fresh perspective. I think most will agree that while we enjoy them just as much, if not more, we watch the band a little differently than we did when we saw them for the first few times.

Post and post often. And while you're browsing, check out senschic's signature; it kind of puts the online experience in perspective.

S.
1995-04-07 Toledo | 1996-06-29 Toledo | 1996-11-23 Detroit | 1998-08-22 Toledo | 1999-02-12 Auburn Hills |
1999-05-05 Grand Rapids | 1999-07-31 Clarkston | 1999-12-31 Toronto | 2000-01-01 Toronto |
2000-06-14 Pontiac | 2000-07-15 Clarkston | 2000-12-02 Detroit | 2002-08-31 Clarkston |
2004-09-18 Detroit | 2007-04-12 Detroit | 2009-05-29 Detroit | 2012-11-28 Detroit | 2016-08-08 London | 2016-08-16 Hamilton
chris
The Last Recluse

Post by chris »

blesser wrote:chris: i was talking to highlander a few months ago about getting a b&p of the halifax DVD, but i slacked and didn't send him a disc... i'll probably try and get that on the go soon - is the quality worth it?

--brian
I'm rather impartial when it comes to DVDs that I made or had any part in... (and the Halifax DVD is one of them) but I think that most members will agree that all of the DVDs I've put out are worth the download/B&P if it is a show that you want.

And for the cost of a B&P you can have a DVD reminder of you first show! Definitely worth it.

DVD info: http://www.hipbase.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=6146
Tragically American
Advanced New Maybe
Advanced New Maybe

Post by Tragically American »

I smell a Troll
ron
Completist
Completist

Post by ron »

now thats the pot calling the kettle black !!!!!!!!!
blesser
Groupie In Training
Groupie In Training

Post by blesser »

Tragically American wrote:I smell a Troll
thats just your mom
VioletlightHeron
Wheat King
Wheat King

Post by VioletlightHeron »

blesser wrote:
thats just your mom
either that or it's his mom's underwear! :lol: :lol:
Tragically American
Advanced New Maybe
Advanced New Maybe

Post by Tragically American »

blesser wrote:
thats just your mom

by the looks blesser...i could be your father!!!

submit a blood sample @ PSS (piece of shit son)....then the truth will be determined!!