I'm new to you

New to the Community?
*Note* You must Register to get access to the rest of the community.

Moderator: Moderators

Detrious
Hipbase Groupie
Hipbase Groupie

Post by Detrious »

My Postings At Work wrote:Hi crewgirl! I'm still n00bish too but it doesn't hurt to say hi :)
So are you trying to attract vampires with that pic??

And hola crewgirl from the east side of the pond

D
Still picking up the elderly from the floor, still dealing with the drunks, now wrestling seals and posting it on twitter.. @richardilderton
'Whoops' is not a word the patient wants to hear...apparently
dannya2
Hipbase Groupie
Hipbase Groupie

Post by dannya2 »

yo
crewgirl
Groupie In Training
Groupie In Training

Post by crewgirl »

Thank you all so much for such a lovely welcome! :)
Detrious, East Side of the Pond, eh? Love Corrie st, talk Northern to me :lol:
Hi fellow gals, glad to see ya here too - let's talk hair styles some time eh! Annoy the boys!
Buzz882 - where?! My parents are in Jeffries Corner which is headed towards St Martins & my sister is in Saint John (leaving for Fredericton soon - only people who live in Saint John like Saint John).
Detrious
Hipbase Groupie
Hipbase Groupie

Post by Detrious »

crewgirl wrote: Detrious, East Side of the Pond, eh? Love Corrie st, talk Northern to me :lol:
I am even further north than that, try thr geordie accent instead, pet...

'Welcome te the community crewgirl, an Ah herp yee myek lots of friends heor like'

Anyone seen aufwedersein pet?

D
Still picking up the elderly from the floor, still dealing with the drunks, now wrestling seals and posting it on twitter.. @richardilderton
wonderwoman
New Maybe
New Maybe

Post by wonderwoman »

Hello. I'm Kim and very new to this site. I've been a Hip fan for more than 15 years. I have been to 21 live shows but I have never been lucky enough to have met the band. I've recently jumped into the downloading world for the first time and have discovered many unreleased tunes and cool covers. That's how I stumbled across this site!
Lizard King
The Last Recluse

Post by Lizard King »

wonderwoman wrote:Hello. I'm Kim and very new to this site. I've been a Hip fan for more than 15 years. I have been to 21 live shows but I have never been lucky enough to have met the band. I've recently jumped into the downloading world for the first time and have discovered many unreleased tunes and cool covers. That's how I stumbled across this site!
:welcome to the Hipbase Kim, glad you found us. :thumb:
Imagine a world before the "beginning was the word.”
chris
The Last Recluse

Post by chris »

Welcome, welcome! Through what downloading site did you find us?
Jenna_Bird
Wheat King
Wheat King

Post by Jenna_Bird »

Welcome to the kids who all recently posted. Stick around, only a few of us bite. :lol:

-Jenna
opiated
Lighthouse Keeper
Lighthouse Keeper

Post by opiated »

Jenna_Bird wrote:Welcome to the kids who all recently posted. Stick around, only a few of us bite. :lol:

-Jenna
how nicely do we have to ask?? :P ..and yes..welcome to all newcomers!!
crewgirl
Groupie In Training
Groupie In Training

Post by crewgirl »

Hi Kim, nice to meet you. I'm new too & still trying to figure out the downloading thing myself, so you're miles ahead! Hope to talk to you in the future. :)
crewgirl
Groupie In Training
Groupie In Training

Post by crewgirl »

Oh Detrious - yeah you don't sound anything like corrie st! I say! I say! you don't sound anything like Fred Elliott! :lol:
opiated
Lighthouse Keeper
Lighthouse Keeper

Post by opiated »

Detrious wrote:
crewgirl wrote: Detrious, East Side of the Pond, eh? Love Corrie st, talk Northern to me :lol:
I am even further north than that, try thr geordie accent instead, pet...

'Welcome te the community crewgirl, an Ah herp yee myek lots of friends heor like'

Anyone seen aufwedersein pet?

D
aufwedersein is fucking brilliant!!! i've only 2 of the 3 series, never having seen the original...i hope they make more!!
Detrious
Hipbase Groupie
Hipbase Groupie

Post by Detrious »

I have lived here and worked here all my life, and I still have problems understanding 'conversational geordie'

Jimmy Nail as Oz is a star, although no character acting was involved, that was all real Jimmy.
The acting came later when he had his pop 'career' and southernised himself.

And crewgirl, thankfully I don't look like, i say, thankfully I don't look like him either :D

D
(posh geordie)
crewgirl
Groupie In Training
Groupie In Training

Post by crewgirl »

yeah I'm sure it's not Fred... more like Norris :P

so I've sat all week wondering what aufwedersein pet was & low & behold as I channel hop I come across BBC Canada & aufwedersein pet. So I could understand some of the guys but others - Oz in peticular, well I'm not sure what was said but I'm guessing I may not want to! :lol: I'm not sure where they were but they were near Australia & then they took time in Bangkok - there was trip on the Orient Express & then a kidnapping @ the end. I did recognize that guy from the HP movies.

My other show's on tomorrow nite - Spooks! although I think they're re-airing old episodes to get caught - eventually we should see season 3 here.
opiated
Lighthouse Keeper
Lighthouse Keeper

Post by opiated »

crewgirl wrote:yeah I'm sure it's not Fred... more like Norris :P

so I've sat all week wondering what aufwedersein pet was & low & behold as I channel hop I come across BBC Canada & aufwedersein pet. So I could understand some of the guys but others - Oz in peticular, well I'm not sure what was said but I'm guessing I may not want to! :lol: I'm not sure where they were but they were near Australia & then they took time in Bangkok - there was trip on the Orient Express & then a kidnapping @ the end. I did recognize that guy from the HP movies.

My other show's on tomorrow nite - Spooks! although I think they're re-airing old episodes to get caught - eventually we should see season 3 here.
BBC canada rocks..i love spooks...all the comedies...the crime dramas are all just brilliant