01/16/07: Red Deer: Enmax Centrium

Been to a show and would like to give a review?

Moderator: Moderators

mrlayance
Tragically Rich
Tragically Rich

01/16/07: Red Deer: Enmax Centrium

Post by mrlayance »

Post Your Review
I need 2 Kingston Tickets, please help.
Locked6
Groupie In Training
Groupie In Training

Post by Locked6 »

Damn looks like I will miss Locked in the trunk as they played it last night in Edmonton
surferguy
Advanced Groupie
Advanced Groupie

Post by surferguy »

yes but it puts us closer to seeing songs like,

Gems, Nautical and Let's Stay Engaged (fingers crossed)...

Oh yah and the best of all ESCAPE!!!
daylight
Sherpa
Sherpa

Post by daylight »

I'm expecting basically the same as Grande Prairie minus Puttin Down plus M@W and/or Lake Fever, but I'll be pleasantly surprised if they throw in some extras. Oh, and Kids Don't Get It instead of Pretend, PLEASE.
surferguy
Advanced Groupie
Advanced Groupie

Post by surferguy »

daylight wrote:I'm expecting basically the same as Grande Prairie minus Puttin Down plus M@W and/or Lake Fever, but I'll be pleasantly surprised if they throw in some extras. Oh, and Kids Don't Get It instead of Pretend, PLEASE.
Kids and Luv (Sic) are the best songs live from teh new album. I love watching Gord stomp and scream while they perfom these songs...
daylight
Sherpa
Sherpa

Post by daylight »

Yeah, I'd love to see Luv(sic) again, but I don't think it's been played in an arena yet. Not often, anyway.
Locked6
Groupie In Training
Groupie In Training

Post by Locked6 »

I would love to hear let's stay engaged. From the new album family band plays really well live also
Locked6
Groupie In Training
Groupie In Training

Post by Locked6 »

Great show was more of a greatest hits as compared to the club shows but they did bring out Don't wake daddy and long time running. All in all it was great show but anyone who went to the club shows will probably agree that they were better than the satadium shows.
day_for_night
Experienced Groupie
Experienced Groupie

Post by day_for_night »

yes, agreed with above...the club shows were better. this was definitely a 'greatest hits' show. also rather sad how empty the centrium was....i'd guess like 4,000 seats unsold.

still, gordie was great. usual antics and fantastic vocals. can't complain.
TLB
Sherpa
Sherpa

Post by TLB »

day_for_night wrote:i'd guess like 4,000 seats unsold
Ouch....isn't The Centrium a junior hockey barn? Maybe 6,000 seats total?
daylight
Sherpa
Sherpa

Post by daylight »

Good, but not great after the last few shows. Maybe three in four nights was a bad idea, because I'm pretty burnt out and found it hard to enjoy a lot of the evening. Daddy and Gift Shop were nice to hear, and pretty much took care of everything I wanted on the arena tour, aside from Lake Fever (next time!). Disappointing encore, especially with the repeat closer, but the cover tune was good - even though Gord had to read the lyrics off the floor.

Family Band
NOIS
Fully Completely
Don't Wake Daddy
Kids Don't Get It
ABAC
Fly
Courage
Boots
Pretend
Fireworks
100th
Long Time Running
In View
Gift Shop
Wheat Kings
Ocean
M@W
Blow
______

Rink
Somethin' Else (Eddie Cochran)
Little Bones
Bootlegger420
Experienced Groupie
Experienced Groupie

Post by Bootlegger420 »

Goodshow

I shot video from the upper level, turned out pretty good.

Highlight of the night was Gords tap dancing Hes got some moves!!!!

Incredible mix of people, there were familys there Bikers Hippies teenagers lots of older drunk ladies!!!

The very first riff of the show, Baker missed a fret while sliding and it made a horrible sound and truely made the show awkward, There was one song from the new album where Gord started to sing then said NO NO IM STARTING OVER. Also on the cover song they whole band played the 1st note or two then just stopped....it was weird. Last thing to say.....Gord was singing off beat and it was screwing up the timing of the band....once again awkward cOming back into the end of 100th meridian was a trainwreck....off night I guess.

Please dont jump all over me I love the Hip ....Ill torrent the video and you can all see for yourself.

shane
Zenith
Completist
Completist

Post by Zenith »

Did they really open with Family Band? That's cool.
Bootlegger420 wrote:Please dont jump all over me I love the Hip ....Ill torrent the video and you can all see for yourself.
Don't panic - everyone has an off night. ;) I hope you still managed to enjoy it, though.
Marcus1970
Experienced Groupie
Experienced Groupie

Post by Marcus1970 »

Nice to see them switch up the opener. I can see them alternating between Rink and Family Band for most of the tour. The only other constants off WC seem to be Ocean and View and they don't quite have the same opening power.

I could be wrong, but I think that may be the first time they've thrown Fly into the mix on this leg of the tour.

As for Bootlegger's comments, I really appreciate the honesty. Hearing that every concert was amazing can get a little tired. I love to hear about the missed lyrics, bad notes and timing problems. Make the Hip seem more human and the performance unique.
Jack Straw
Advanced Groupie
Advanced Groupie

Post by Jack Straw »

Maybe when you play the same songs night after night you start to go through the motions. I guess for the hit lovers they can say once the show starts, "Alright, New Orleans is next!" It must get boring to play.

Just once I'd like to see them go out there with no setlist and just go for it.

Sorry. There's just SO much great material and this approach seems so lazy.