07/04/07: Bala: The Kee

Been to a show and would like to give a review?

Moderator: Moderators

chris
The Last Recluse

Post by chris »

tragicallyphish wrote:There was also a unplugged set for VIPs after the show on the outside deck. My buddy tried to get out after the show but was kicked out due to the fact that he didn't have a red wristband.

I bet that was sweet.

Great show can't wait for tonight
I doubt it... I say it's a creative rumour...

I'm sure that MAv can clear that one up for us if/when he reads this thread. And in the meantime, I'll do some digging in an effort to get confirmation one way or another.
dreyfuss
Experienced Groupie
Experienced Groupie

Post by dreyfuss »

I can tell you right now that there was no acoustic set after the show last night,
thompson girl
DareDevil
DareDevil

Post by thompson girl »

trevor wrote:Sarah: nice to meet you! Sorry I couldn't stay and chat but I was being hassled by a security guard for "no professional lenses" which was a first last night. Maybe next time!
No worries! Actually, I stood in that spot for the rest of the show. What an awesome place to watch the guys do what they do!

I was like a kid at christmas at this show. I cheated and looked at the set list at 8:50 when the sound guy brought it to the board. So I had already seen Fever, Wheat, IOD, etc. on the list and was pretty excited.

When I walked into the venue though, I was like, "wow, this place is tiny! This is going to be really cool!". And it was. From seeing Paul standing outside, to standing beside/behind the stage and just watching the guys play was just awesome.
thecompletist
Sherpa
Sherpa

PHOTOS

Post by thecompletist »

Arrived early and brought the sticks for a quick 18 Holes at Beaver Run with Jamie (hip11) and Tod. I don't have alot of time for details but a tremendous day in the Muskoka Area... my pics will tell the story.

Here's the Photos for those who were there... and for all who couldn't make it
http://picasaweb.google.com/thecompleti ... eKeeToBala

Jeffro
trevor
Completist
Completist

Re: PHOTOS

Post by trevor »

thecompletist wrote:Arrived early and brought the sticks for a quick 18 Holes at Beaver Run with Jamie (hip11) and Tod. I don't have alot of time for details but a tremendous day in the Muskoka Area... my pics will tell the story.

Jeffro
Thanks for sharing Jeffro!
You've got some fun shots there!
mookytc
Experienced Groupie
Experienced Groupie

Re: PHOTOS

Post by mookytc »

thecompletist wrote:Arrived early and brought the sticks for a quick 18 Holes at Beaver Run with Jamie (hip11) and Tod. I don't have alot of time for details but a tremendous day in the Muskoka Area... my pics will tell the story.

Jeffro
Thanks for sharing!

DC
thecompletist
Sherpa
Sherpa

Post by thecompletist »

thanks... with a 6 year old cybershot in the middle of the bouncing crowd it's a tough gig to keep a steady hand... I enjoyed seeing Gord S. and his pose near the end with the straight-up-and-down base-hold... pointing to the sky...

Then of course ..the Gord D quote after handing the mic-stand down to the wrong fan
" hey can i have that back..it was just a loaner...it's sharp, just a loaner...thanks" as if he was going to take it back and as he did... then turns right and hands it back down to the intended fan.
thehip11
DareDevil
DareDevil

Post by thehip11 »

Had a great time playing golf with Jeff and Todd. Both of the shows were great. Well worth the drive and money well spent.

Great to meet Aaron, Dave and Sarah and it was nice to see Mike, Colin, Ken, Farmer Dan and the whole taping crew. Sorry if I missed anyone.

The shows sound amazing. Big thanks to Steve for posting them so fast.

Great pictures Jeff and Mike!!!
thompson girl
DareDevil
DareDevil

Post by thompson girl »

I took a disposable camera in this night so my pictures are nowhere near as good as anybody else's (check out the graininess). However, I do like this one. I caught a glimpse of Paul out the door when I went in to the ladies washroom. When I came out he was still there, and I thought well, I can't not take a picture.

chris
The Last Recluse

Post by chris »

This DVD will be ready late tonight or early tomorrow! Happy New Year!
Scotty12
Sherpa
Sherpa

Re:

Post by Scotty12 »

chris wrote:This DVD will be ready late tonight or early tomorrow! Happy New Year!
Was this show ever released Chris?

It was a great show, one of my fav hip memories.