09/21/07: London: The Astoria

Been to a show and would like to give a review?

Moderator: Moderators

The Heron Outside
DareDevil
DareDevil

Post by The Heron Outside »

Spoke with the band afterwards. If anyone's ever been curious about this kind of thing, Robbie indeed has the biggest record collection of the gang.

And they plan to start writing again after the end of the American tour in November (Which will be their last for awhile)

Rock.
Escape Is At Hand-Tales of a Boy and a Band due June 2013 from Eternal Cavalier Press
http://eternalcavalierpress.com
http://www.twitter.com/eternalcavpress
MattyM
Sherpa
Sherpa

Post by MattyM »

Oh man it was awesome, the best way to end a great couple of days! I'm still buzzing now!
Come say hi on twitter @MattMerritt
Detrious
Hipbase Groupie
Hipbase Groupie

Post by Detrious »

The Heron Outside wrote: And they plan to start writing again after the end of the American tour in November (Which will be their last for awhile)

Rock.
You see, that just makes it worse!

My dad never had good timing....

But as my wife pointed out 'At least you know how I feel, I haven't seen them since 97'

D
Still picking up the elderly from the floor, still dealing with the drunks, now wrestling seals and posting it on twitter.. @richardilderton
'Whoops' is not a word the patient wants to hear...apparently
Tthip
The Last Recluse

Post by Tthip »

MattyM wrote:Oh man it was awesome, the best way to end a great couple of days! I'm still buzzing now!
I saw some pictures from the guys over in London.
And Matt, I almost did not recognize you without the guy coming out of your nose.
"We're forced to bed, but we're free to dream"
Dana
SirMatticus
Advanced Groupie
Advanced Groupie

Post by SirMatticus »

The London show was a great way to start our road trip. The crowd was really into it - they were going crazy at times. The Hip, of course, put on a great performance. We're now in Groningen and need to catch up on some sleep before hitting the pubs.
Zenith
Completist
Completist

Post by Zenith »

Snoo and I are at the airport waiting to board. Hopefully we'll be in Groningen at about 10ish, so depending on how we feel we may join you for a couple of beers! :thumb:
chris
The Last Recluse

Post by chris »

The shirt sales guy was the same dude from last year, but the shirts this year looked legit... although just the sight of a police officer had him packed up and running.

The show was fun but the setlist left me wanting more. (Although judging by the crowd response I think I was in the majority. Maybe it was just my overwhelming urge to want to come here and say the night sucked ass, just to keep Detrious happy...)

It's always a treat to attend a show with people who have not seen the band many times, if at all. The look of sheer joy on their faces as certain songs begin is priceless - last night this was most true of My Music At Work and Zenith.

Thanks to all our London friends for showing us the sights.
andy42g
Advanced Groupie
Advanced Groupie

Post by andy42g »

Great night. Set was a bit 'greatest hits', but worked for me! My front of balcony vantage point was excellent too :-) Good to (briefly) meet Matt and Ben, and hope to catch up with you and the rest of the Hipbasers in Amsterdam Tuesday.
bigA
Experienced Groupie
Experienced Groupie

Post by bigA »

it was a standard set list, but the crowd was great and the sound was perfect!

Enjoyed meeting the London people and look forward to the rest of the shows in Europe.
mookytc
Experienced Groupie
Experienced Groupie

Post by mookytc »

The Heron Outside wrote:Spoke with the band afterwards. If anyone's ever been curious about this kind of thing, Robbie indeed has the biggest record collection of the gang.

And they plan to start writing again after the end of the American tour in November (Which will be their last for awhile)

Rock.
Off topic any news of plans after November (Canadian dates possibly)?

New Years Eve shows are the best imo.

DC
sean.bonner
Hipbase Staff
Hipbase Staff

Post by sean.bonner »

Chris posted this to youtube:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=gA4ZhGed_7U
2004-12-03 - Saint John/2005-09-03 - Moncton/2006-06-30 - Charlottetown/2006-11-09/10 - Montreal/2007-09-11 - Fredericton/2007-09-13 - Halifax/2007-09-14 - Sydney/2007-09-15 - Charlottetown/2008-06-30 - Charlottetown/2009-05-01/02 - Montreal/2011-06-28 - Moncton/2011-06-30 - Charlottetown/2012-06-30 - Niagara-on-the-Lake/2013-02-01 - Moncton/2013-02-02 - Halifax/2015-01-10 - Toronto/2015-02-20 - Montreal/2015-07-17 - Ottawa/2016-08-18 - Ottawa/2016-08-20 - Kingston
MattyM
Sherpa
Sherpa

Post by MattyM »

Aw man, I'm still buzzing!
Come say hi on twitter @MattMerritt
Zenith
Completist
Completist

Post by Zenith »

Here's a montage video from the London show:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=95hdPuX2UQE
sadies
Groupie In Training
Groupie In Training

Post by sadies »

WOW. That's great work!! Hope you'll treat us to some longer samples at one point, but that's a super bit of editing.

100th Meridian and The Drop Off were Gord at his most animated, if u have that?

Great night!!

Zenith wrote:Here's a montage video from the London show:

Zenith
Completist
Completist

Post by Zenith »

sadies wrote:WOW. That's great work!! Hope you'll treat us to some longer samples at one point, but that's a super bit of editing.

100th Meridian and The Drop Off were Gord at his most animated, if u have that?

Great night!!

Zenith wrote:Here's a montage video from the London show:

That's all I have I'm afraid. My camera only does short clips - hence the montage. You'll just have to wait until the full DVD is finished. ;)