Selling Old Equipment

Gather around the fan

Moderators: Corby, Moderators

Tthip
The Last Recluse

Selling Old Equipment

Post by Tthip »

Does anyone here ever sell older equipment or have some laying around they might want to?
"We're forced to bed, but we're free to dream"
Dana
chris
The Last Recluse

Re: Selling Old Equipment

Post by chris »

What kind of equipment in particular?

Audio?
Video?

A complete rig?

Or just something specific?

Do you want to get something for yourself? Do you have a budget?
Tthip
The Last Recluse

Post by Tthip »

chris wrote:What kind of equipment in particular?
Audio?
Video?
A complete rig?
Or just something specific?
Do you want to get something for yourself? Do you have a budget?
If any of you guys have anything laying around, I will inquire about it at least.
And I will remember to keep the batteries charged.

I am looking for audio.
I like Chris' "pocket" recorder.
And the mics I am looking for are not necessarily amazing, more like "stealth" because I enjoy having a good time at shows and attaching the mics to myself.
I am not looking to stand by a stand all night long.

I just kinda figure that a couple of you had rigs you grew out of.
"We're forced to bed, but we're free to dream"
Dana
chris
The Last Recluse

Post by chris »

Got it.

I don't have anything but the others might.

The yard sale at www.taperssection.com is a good place to find deals on used gear.
chris
The Last Recluse

Post by chris »

Today only, www.soundprofessionals.com have the Tascsm DR-07 on for $150!! A great price on a good basic recorder.
Shane Kroeker
Completist
Completist

Post by Shane Kroeker »

I have an opportunity to purchase a camcorder for recording Hip concerts, and I'm wondering what you experts would suggest about the product/price?

Price $80.00
SONY 990X Digital Camcorder with 20X Optical Zoom, Nightsight Plus Night Vision option, carry case, all cables, charger, battery, editing features on camcorder with full playback from camera or download to your computer to use 3rd party digital editing software. It uses HI8 tape and I (seller) have recorded a number of rock shows with it. The tapes have various lenghths so it depends on what duration you buy.

Buy or Pass?
chris
The Last Recluse

Post by chris »

I'm no expert but I'd pass as that is old technology.
srb
Completist
Completist

Post by srb »

Shane Kroeker wrote:I have an opportunity to purchase a camcorder for recording Hip concerts, and I'm wondering what you experts would suggest about the product/price?

Price $80.00
SONY 990X Digital Camcorder with 20X Optical Zoom, Nightsight Plus Night Vision option, carry case, all cables, charger, battery, editing features on camcorder with full playback from camera or download to your computer to use 3rd party digital editing software. It uses HI8 tape and I (seller) have recorded a number of rock shows with it. The tapes have various lenghths so it depends on what duration you buy.

Buy or Pass?
I use a Sony Hi8 video camera, and while I think the picture quality is decent, I'd much rather have a smaller, lighter, newer camera (and a monopod :lol: )

If it is what you can afford right now, then go for it. If you can spend a little more, look for a deal on a newer camera.
chris
The Last Recluse

Post by chris »

Do you know the history if the camera? Can you film somethng with it before buyng it? The tapes are readily available but as thes cams are no longer manufactured you may be hard pressed to get it repaired should there be an issue. And being tape based you'll have to change tapes offer at inopportune times during shows. That is one of the biggest perks of a hard drive based camera for concert recording - never having to stop for a tape change during the show.

I think that low end MiniDV cams are in the $300 range... A step up from Hi8 in many ways, and you get something new with a warranty. It's still tape based but a better quality picture and camera.
chris
The Last Recluse

Post by chris »

I forgot that I had this device and discovered recently while cleaning up.

It's as close to mint as can be - I just don't have the box. It was purchased to record interviews for journalism school. Used a handful of times with a F-V420 mic.

Comes with:

• Instruction manual
• Earbud-type headphones
• Power adapter
• 14 MiniDiscs
• Car kit with power adapter and cassette connection
• Charging stand
• Two leatherette carrying pouches

I will also include a basic concert mic - the SP-CMC-22. Mine is not the heavyweight cable version as pictured. The cable on mine is a thinner gauge.

$100.00 + PayPal and shipping.

I'm in Toronto, but will ship anywhere - you pay the shipping, fees, etc.

This is all you need to get started recording concerts.
chris
The Last Recluse

Post by chris »

SOLD - pending payment.
chris wrote:I forgot that I had this device and discovered recently while cleaning up.

It's as close to mint as can be - I just don't have the box. It was purchased to record interviews for journalism school. Used a handful of times with a F-V420 mic.

Comes with:

• Instruction manual
• Earbud-type headphones
• Power adapter
• 14 MiniDiscs
• Car kit with power adapter and cassette connection
• Charging stand
• Two leatherette carrying pouches

I will also include a basic concert mic - the SP-CMC-22. Mine is not the heavyweight cable version as pictured. The cable on mine is a thinner gauge.

$100.00 + PayPal and shipping.

I'm in Toronto, but will ship anywhere - you pay the shipping, fees, etc.

This is all you need to get started recording concerts.