Introduce Yerself

New to the Community?
*Note* You must Register to get access to the rest of the community.

Moderator: Moderators

mattnl
New Maybe
New Maybe

Re: Introduce Yourself

Post by mattnl »

sean.bonner wrote:
mattnl wrote:I'm also new here, hello. I saw them in 2007 once, in Oosterpoort.
Ahhhh.... 2007 cell phones

Great! That brings back memories! I found another one through that link (video starts at 35 second mark):

Hipsince91
New Maybe
New Maybe

Re: Introduce Yerself

Post by Hipsince91 »

Raised in Ottawa saw the Hip first front row at Landsdowne park Ottawa, Molson Rocks the Capital 1991 Canada Day w Colin James and I think Blue Rodeo, Another Roadside Attraction out at Capital city Speedway, Millenium Park Calgary 2013 and last at Saddledome 2016.
Camping, Canada day and lettin loose is what the Hip always means to me.

I've never seen any footage of the 1991 Canada day concert in Ottawa. Would be cool if it existed.

Todd
jason_arnold
New Maybe
New Maybe

Post by jason_arnold »

Grew up in southern Alberta and always had friends listening to the Hip and going to their shows back in our high school days - sadly, I didn't "get" the band at the time (was more grunge-focused in those days, but hey, it was the 90's). As I grew up, so did my taste in music and thankfully I had many years of new Hip albums as my reward. Had the privilege of living in Kingston for a few years, and it was great to hear the stories and see the sights of the band's humble beginnings.

So, that's me... only 9 more posts until I cast off the shackles of n00bie-ness!
squirrel_47
New Maybe
New Maybe

Post by squirrel_47 »

hi everyone.

my names Mike. Live in Ontario and moving to PEI in December. Cardboard, bubble wrap and packing tape are a huge part of my life right now lol.

I'm here because of Tragically Hip music, and of course, out of respect for a poet that captured (in my opinion) bits of Canada (good and bad) that lurked in the shadows until his words brought them to light.

I miss Gord today....

I miss the idea that the band would record new stuff, and I'd be, as usual, awaiting more lyrical sketches and paintings from this group, as I did for so many years.

...So glad there's a forum and community filled with the people Gord and the Hip touched with their art.

Nice to be here.

"You see the dead art and you see your reflection
You fear no art and you fear no reflection"
redhill
Sherpa
Sherpa

Re: Introduce Yourself

Post by redhill »

TomHill wrote:Hi Tom here, been listening to the Hip pretty much every day of my life since working up north of YK in 1993 ... now living in Melbourne ... still listening!
nice post

cheers
HipRock1994
New Maybe
New Maybe

Post by HipRock1994 »

First time posting here, but have been a fan of the band since '96. Excited to check out what this forum has to offer, as well as discuss all things Tragically Hip!