2003-08-01 - City Park - Kelowna, BC

Been to a show and would like to give a review?

Moderator: Moderators

mrlayance
Tragically Rich
Tragically Rich

2003-08-01 - City Park - Kelowna, BC

Post by mrlayance »

Post Your Review
I need 2 Kingston Tickets, please help.
TLB
Sherpa
Sherpa

Kelowna setlist: 2 NEW SONGS!!!!!!

Post by TLB »

I'll add a full review later, but here's the setlist to tide you over.....

Grace, Too
My Music At Work
New Orleans Is Sinking
The Darkest One
Bobcaygeon
Fully Completely
Silver Jet
Gift Shop
The Dire Wolf
Fireworks
Poets
It's A Good Life....
Courage
***NEW: "Ballroom"***
At The Hundredth Meridian
Ahead By A Century
Blow At High Dough

Wheat Kings
***NEW: "Joe"***
Little Bones

(names of new songs taken directly from setlist in Gord Sinclair's writing)
CanuckCourage
Sherpa
Sherpa

Post by CanuckCourage »

I was right on the fence in the front row right in front of Paul Langlois , awesome view !! Now I had to stay there the entire evening so I wouldn't lose my spot . That's 5 hrs , 4 bands, no food or water or beer during that time in 30+c weather.( Not mention having at least 3 people land directly on my head while crowd surfing and "helping" at least 15 of these surfers make it over the fence . The crowd surfing continued through the entire concert , I mean even during It's A Good Life and Wheat Kings .Also helped a good 5 or 6 people get out because they were getting crushed and couldn't take it anymore..) Now I'm not complaining , the show was awesome . The Guys were great , from the opening of Grace Too "Said I'm Tragically Hip !!" To Little Bones , it was awesome!! They mentioned on local radio the next day the Hip were gonna keep playing but due to the noise bylaw it didn't happen . :rambo: :rambo: :scratch: You can't imagine how pissed I was to hear this..

Obviously the treat of the night was the two new songs . When they launched into Ballroom , i was stunned , it's an awesome tune , I think , first listen great , can't wait for the single to be released or the boot from the concert . Joe was an even harder rocking tune , from what I remember . Anyways it was an awesome night , even snagged a setlist , i'll be it in two pieces . :lol: If they are ever going to break the U.S. market , Ballroom just might do it.

P.S. Good to see you made it back alright TLB , how was work with no sleep ?
Storm
Experienced Groupie
Experienced Groupie

Post by Storm »

wow Mark!! I'm really curious to hear those new songs......................